Saturday, January 13, 2007

Turning Pro: Chasing the Dream!

I saw this article the other day. It was about this poker player who turned $1 into $20,000.00 in a few months playing poker. Now of course this guy was already and established Pro, in fact, he's considered to be one of the top players in the world. Now I play poker online for fun, sometimes live when i can, and I have to admit I've had some pretty good results. In fact, Ive won many online tournaments with as many as 5500 entries, not bad for an amateur!
So I had this idea, what if I could do the same thing, but instead of starting with a dollar, I'll start with nothing! I know youre probaly thinking how can you start with nothing? Well, its like this...I joined this poker site and created a new account. Not having any money or making any deposits, my only option for monetary gain was to play in a freeroll. Freerolls are tournaments open usually to any member of the site, and are free to enter. Most freerolls usually have small prizes involved, normally a few dollars. Well, I entered the next freeroll available and low and behold i won 1st place out of 845 entrants which paid me $15 dollars! I was elated! For those of you who actually play poker, you know that its not really the amount of the prize, but the satisfaction of winning a tournament is such an adrenaline rush. Once you experience it, youre Hooked! I knew there was no turning back. So the question then became,, How far can I take this, how much can I win, is there even a limit to what can be earned?
The answer is No, there is no limit, there is no ceiling unless I as an individual set one. So here's my idea, If a player is good enough to consistently beat the game, then realisticly there should be no ceiling on his or her earnings...at least thats what i aim to prove. I plan on winning enough money to go to Las Vegas for 30 days and play nothing but poker everyday. At the end of the 30 days, I should have a significant amount of money from winnings. Keep your fingers crossed.
I'll update you on how my winnings are coming along from the initial Freeroll winnings, and I can tell you right now that some of you will not believe the progress ive made, but its all documented. Ill be posting again in the next couple days, so check back please! And please let me know what you think my chances are, and whats a realistic amount to shoot for in 30 days?
nutstrut
Worlds best unknown poker player, at least i think! lol

No comments: